Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2nd Speed Training Session at ULTRA

It was our 2nd session of speed training with the Team BaldRunner last Tuesday, December 02. Swthrt and I arrived at the ULTRA oval track at around 5:30pm. This time it was harder to find a parking space because the Nike Running Clinic headed by Coach Rio de la Cruz was jointly held. Coach Captain Espejo handed me a piece of paper. This will serve as my guide whenever I will be given a workout assignment. It was the result of my diagnostic run last Friday. This time we met new runners who will also be training with us. Baldrunner was also there with the rest of the elite Team. Coach Salazar paced the participants during the 15 minute warm up run. Afterwards, he also led the stretching and specific warm up drills. After the routines, we were given our workout assignments for the day. I was asked to do 3x400 with 1 min rest interval at 110% effort and another 3x1000 with 200m recovery jog interval at 90-95% effort. The workouts are for lactic acid threshold and speed endurance respectively. We were told to increase in repetitions as the training progresses. As for Swthrt’s program, she was asked to do 30 minute continuous running to build her endurance and prepare her for diagnostic run on our next training session. The session ended with stretching and a few instructions and reminders from the Coach.

5 comments:

  1. Now it is final, you are part of the suffering from now on... ha ha ha. Enjoy as I already see improvements in my running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I know, and hope to improve on my performance too! See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BroJ. Checking in to see how things are. I'm happy that you went through Baldrunner's coaches regarding swthrt. They are very knowledgable as you know and I know. They're Level 4 coaches and they know what they're talking about. I will have a surprise that will be in Baldrunner's blog soon regarding my future in running.

    Also, happy that the training sessions are going well with you and swthrt.

    Also, congratulations on the Milo run last Sunday. My apologies for not replying sooner.

    Please take care and have a good weekend upcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wayne, Thanks. You're right with the coaches. They are very accommodating and will really guide you patiently. My thanks too to BaldRunner for putting up this free speed training for everyone. I can't wait for the news regarding your future in running.

    God bless you on your running! I pray that you continue to be strong and healthy. I know you will do better and better on your races.

    ReplyDelete