Tuesday, August 4, 2009

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT


Looking back to when I was a kid, I always remember playing basketball with my dad. Every day after school we would go outside and we would shoot what seemed like a million shots.
At the time, I didn’t understand it. Spending that much time shooting seemed like a waste to me. But now I understand! My shot wasn’t perfect. It needed work. Through constant repetitions, I improved and eventually had a pretty good shot. No matter how long I had played, though, there were always aspects that I needed to work on!

Just as my dad pushed me to become a better ballplayer, God is constantly giving us opportunities and trials that push us to become better Christians. We all have room for improvement!

As Christians, we should take every opportunity we have to build up our faith and get closer to God. Although it may seem menial at the time, each act plays a role in our growth as Christians. God has a plan for each of our lives, and He will continue working with us until we are perfected!
—Brooke Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment