Friday, July 2, 2010

Need for motivation

My officemates noticed that I’m gaining extra weight again. I’m also feeling sluggish for the fast weeks. I have only logged a few kilometers in running since our last full marathon in Nuvali last May. Heavy workloads, home chores, kids’ schooling, and not so good weather conditions in the evening are the primary reasons for the low mileage. And no specific goal of running another full marathon adds up to the unmotivated training.



I have already decided not to run the 34th Milo Manila Elimination this coming Sunday. With the two full marathons I have finished, I learned to treat the distance with much respect. More so, running in Milo Marathon, which I consider my Everest in running (that is locally, who knows God may give me a chance to run an international race). I want to run my first Milo marathon prepared for the challenge and finish within the qualifying time or at least with a respectable time. But since I started running in Milo two years ago, I cannot let this year pass by without joining one of their elimination legs. Swthrt and I will be joining 21K for the Batangas leg. Also to keep us motivated, we will be preparing for this year’s 2nd QCIM this coming December.

To start the ball rolling again, we will be running the 10K Fit n Fun Buddy Run on July 11 and hopefully more tune-up races before starting on another serious training program for 42K. Probably highlighting the training program will be the last leg of the RunRio Trilogy, the 32K Challenge.


Good luck to all Milo runners this Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. thanks bro j, and see you soon on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best in your upcoming races that you have scheduled. The reason for the weight gain? Well, you probably already know, but you were taking in a lot of calories to train for your last marathon, and now, if you are taking in the same, but only running minimal....But then again, Bro J, who is counting? Be your own runner, and have fun with it. Who can say "I ran a marathon". The weight? Who cares. you know what you need to do. A lot of runners go through this after a marathon. It's okay to wonder off course a bit, as long as you know where the trail is again at the end of the day. You can do it, and I know you will. With God...all things are possible. The milo marathon, you are right, will take place next year, and the year after, as long as we are not caught up in the clouds. Take care and best wishes. Godspeed my friend!

    ReplyDelete