Wednesday, September 16, 2009

CHRIST IS #1

“In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.” Luke 14:33

Training for track is often physically and mentally grueling. I won’t lie to you, I don’t like pain, and many times I wouldrun slower in practice just to make the pain bearable. Of course, not giving my all in practice was completelydetrimental to my success as an athlete. But if success meant pain, I didn’t want it.

It can be easy for us, as Christians to “run slow” in our race for Christ. Often we get attached to earthly possessions and have trouble letting go of the hindrances in our lives. Work, family and even entertainment become so important that our relationship with Christ is no longer a priority. When Christ is not a priority our growth as Christians is stunted. I couldn’t improve on the track unless I was consistently giving my all. In the same way, we can’t improve as Christians if we don’t seek Jesus with all our hearts. In order to do this we have to let go of those earthly desires andpriorities, however hard that may be.

Being a Christian is not always easy, but the success of meeting Jesus Christ face-to-face is worth any earthly pain you will have to endure!
-Brooke Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment