Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DNS for my second 21k race, Botak Paa-tibayan

This maybe far from over, but to serve one of the purpose of this blog of being a journal of my running experiences, I will still have to write. I was supposed to run the 21k Botak Paa-tibayan race scheduled last May 10, 2009. I registered May 3 at the Second Wind Store. Come May 4, Monday, I was informed by my boss to join the team who will do a photo and video documentation of our project on mapping. I was briefed that we will be on board our survey vessel going to the islands Cuyo, Cagayancillo and Tubataha in Palawan. This is one good thing about my work, I got to go places (hard to reach) for free. It was my second time to board our survey vessel.






The first one was when documenting a joint project between Philippines and Vietnam on marine studies at the Kalayaan Island Group (a.k.a. Spratleys). Other places I’ve been to because of my work were Calauit Island Wildlife Reservation, St. Paul Subterranean Park both in Palawan and more.


First project on board BRPH Presbitero



This was another case of work getting in the way of running. I was wondering though, if I can still get my botak singlet. Upon registering, I was told that I could get my race bib and singlet on the race venue. The problem was I did not show up and forgot to leave the claim stub to one of my officemates to claim it for me. I just hope I could still have my singlet!

No comments:

Post a Comment