Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nike hanged at Adidas

Since I was not able to run at the Subic International Marathon to join the Nike Human Race I opted to do the second option of running elsewhere and just upload the recorded run in my Nike+ ipod. I was suppose to run on Saturday but our hectic family schedule did not permit me. I decided to log the 21K run at the Adidas KOTR to contribute even a few kilometers at the Nike Ambassador Challenge which I joined with Team Banana Running. This will be the longest run to be recorded in my Nike+ kit. The longest so far was 15.1K. I even made a power song playlist just for this run. At the start of the race I set the kit in the half marathon workout setting only and found out that it was set on the English system of miles. This gave me some difficulty of knowing my pace in minutes per kilometer. I would have wanted to know our pace during our run. Because of this, I just let it pass and just wanted to record my run. It was recording perfectly until we reached the intersection of McKinley Avenue going to Lawton Ave. The ipod just suddenly hanged up. I cannot use any function. I could not even reset it. I guess Nike and Adidas can’t be together. This morning, I checked on it hoping to salvage the recorded distance of 8 miles before it hanged up but to no avail. It did not save any data on my last run. O well, you just cannot rely on high technology. It is still best to depend on the good old but reliable Timex Ironman watch. See you at the starting line!

No comments:

Post a Comment