Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back on the road again after a marathon

Running a marathon really beats you up not only on race day but also during training. After the TBR Dream Marathon last May 22, Swthrt and I have decided to take a break from running and give our bodies (especially those legs) the time to heal. I personally felt some back pains for a couple of days after the race which I haven’t felt during my first marathon. Anyway, I’m feeling better now and had our first 10K run after almost two weeks break, last Friday, June 4 at Batangas City. We had to go there for the first death anniversary (which is June 3) of Swthrt’s father. We ran our usual route from Baranggay Tulo to Baranggay San Isidro. We took it easy and ran at a very comfortable pace which allowed us to finish the run in 1 hour and 17 minutes. After which, we had a sumptuous breakfast at Ed’s (Swthrt’s brother) house in Avida San Isidro before getting back at Swthrt’s place.

Heart Rate Monitor used
Our run also gave me the chance to use the Polar Fs1 heart monitor courtesy of my cousin Noel. He’s in the US and upon learning that I’m into running, he decided to send me a heart rate monitor to complement my training. Actually, I really don’t know how to use it effectively to enhance my training. I’m into research now on how to maximize the benefits of using one. As in any other running gadgets, it has its advantages and disadvantages. But for now, I’m really thankful and blessed to have families supporting us in our new found interest. So anyone who want to know my shoe size?


Looking for a workable training program
Since school year was about to start, we are looking for a workable training program that will suit our schedule. Our youngest son’s class is at 6:40am which negate the possibility of a very early morning run during weekdays. The only possible time for us to run is in the afternoon or evening. Hopefully it will not rain as much especially on times we are available to run. Also, the time to check on the kids’ school lessons and attend to their schooling needs would certainly eat up more time. Well, I guess we really have to learn how to squeeze in a quick run from now on. See you guys on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment