Friday, July 8, 2011

Mizuno Run 2011 finisher medal delivered


                                                                                                Photo by The Greentennial

Let me give credit where credit is due!


In the recently held Mizuno Run 2011 last June 11, there were 21K finishers who have not received their finishers’ medal, and Swthrt and I were among those. For whatever reasons the organizers might have, many runners were quite disappointed because of the lack of medals. It is an embarrassing situation at the finish line, others have while others don’t. The organizers were quick to react, however, and promised that medals will be delivered at the registered home address of those who were not lucky to have one after finishing the race.

True enough, we received but only Swthrt’s finisher’s medal last Tuesday. It was delivered at our residential address. Unluckily, I haven’t received mine. My theory was that Swthrt and I have the same name, Joseph and Josephine, which makes it prone to be mistaken as one and the same person. In almost all our races together, we have an almost identical finish time. This already happened at the Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 wherein it was only Swthrt’s name that was listed at the race result including the downloadable certificate. Anyway, I still hope that the organizers will act favorably on my request and will receive my finisher medal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment