Friday, October 14, 2011

JRunning solo @ BHS


Last night, I had a chance to run at BHS while waiting for Swthrt to finish her work. It was not that easy especially at the start. There was a strong temptation to stay at the Customer Lounge of Honda and just  watch TV. It’s  great to sit back and relax since Josh and I just have a hearty meal at Market Market where I also bought myself a guitar tuner. Josh was also pleading me to go with him at BHS Timezone. The only saving grace which push me to run was the constant greetings of the security guards at Honda who knew that Swthrt and I run regularly, “Good evening sir, di ka ba tatakbo?” Isn’t  that a great way to remind me that I have to run. Swthrt also knew that I was going to run, so at around 6:45 pm I got myself ready. It’s always been hard for me to start a run. I need some time for my body to warm up and adjust to the stress brought about by running. I also prefer an early morning run rather than a night run. It’s been a long time since I ran around BHS. The number of runners have increased dramatically since then. There was also a running clinic by Milo Apex being held last night and I also noticed a group of runners assembled near ROX probably getting ready for a group run. After running a couple of rounds, I was missing my running mate Swthrt who really wanted to run but was tied with work. It’s a boring run without her. We have been used to running together in races and in trainings that we enjoy every minute of it. It was a great bonding moment for us. We talk anything and everything. Anyway, we are looking forward to our long run this Saturday.  I finished my run after 5 rounds at the BHS and returned back to Honda.

How about you? What do you prefer, an early morning or a night run? Do you like to run alone or with a partner or group?

Keep on running runners!

Have a great run or race this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I prefer to run early morning. But lately my body prefers to sleep. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jinoe,ask Gab to change his sleeping pattern. If he wakes up early in the morning then you'll have to wake up too. May alarm clock ka na agad! he he he. Keep on running!See you on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely evening run. No sun! Ako rin, I miss running around. Dami na nagbago dun sobra.

    I will need to go back to BHS though, I am hoping to able to start my speedworkouts soon. 2 more weeks of easy runs ...

    karipasan na naman :) - bards

    hay ang hirap pa rin magcomment sa blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would prefer to run with someone Bro J but sadly, I have no husband nor sibling to join me. I sooooh envy you and your darling Swthrt. Para tuloy gusto ko ng maghanap ng boyfriend na runner hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bards, buti nakalusot comment mo, hehehe. Sige paspasan na. Takbo tayo sa Batangas! Baka ma-uwi kami ni Swthrt sa long weekend.

    Hi Nora, Sige lang maraming runners naghahanap din ng partner.... hope to see you soon! Just keep on running!

    ReplyDelete