Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bits of news

My birthday gone acidic
It’s been a long time since I posted an article on this blog. A lot of things happened, one of which was that I turned a year older last April 14. It was a great day having spent it with my family. 





The celebration ended in a trip to the ER of The Medical City due to GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) or simply acid reflux. It was a painful experience. I had chest pains, felt weak and thought that I was going to have a heart attack. It was a good thing that I had a normal ECG result and blood test showed no fatal signs. Fortunately, I was released at around 3:00am the following morning. We then had a scheduled flight to Bohol the following day. It was really God’s mercy and kindness that He allowed me to recover fast just to join our family vacation together with our best friends. 


Our Bohol trip with our BFFs 
It was certainly a wonderful family vacation with the Ilagans. Though not 100% fully recovered, I was having a great time with the trip. Day by day, God allowed me to feel better and enjoy every moment of our trip. The visit at Hinagdanan Cave, Chocolate Hills, Bohol Bee Farm, Panglao Beach and more was really wonderful. We also had a day tour at Cebu City on the last day of our vacation. 

 



Back to reality
The sad part in any vacation is that, it ends fast and you have to be back to reality of going back to work again. Plus, I had another task at hand of having my father cleared for his hernia operation. Again, God was gracious to sustain me with strength and was able to do until the end of the successful operation. He is now recovering at home.

My father and her only sister


Getting back at training
For still unknown reason (need to have my check-up), I was having difficulty running since my ER episode. I’m having chest pains similar to what I felt when I had that acid reflux. I was able to brisk walk for two days now covering at least 5K per session. Hopefully, I will be back in shape soon for the Run United 2 race this coming June. I was also hoping that my return to the gym would certainly boost my training.


2 comments: