Tuesday, June 9, 2009

2nd DNS for the year, Mizuno Run ‘09


This year’s edition of the Mizuno Infinity Run was supposed to be my anniversary run. I started running last May 2008 by prodding of my officemates. After a month of consistent training, I braved the challenge to join the Mizuno Infinity Run ’08. It was my first run, a 5K…. And the rest is history. This year I registered for the 15K category aiming to set a new PR and Swthrt will run the 5K together with our son JM. We were forced to skip the race because of an untimely incident. We are in the state of mourning. Swthrt’s father met an accident which led to his passing away last June 3. He was laid to rest last Sunday, June 7 2009. In this trying times, it will always be family first above anything except God. This is the time where family members need one another for support and comfort. My prayer was that God will continue to bind our family in His great love for us. May God use this incident for our family members to be able to see the purpose of God and accept the salvation He offers. I pray that God will comfort Inay with His love and kindness knowing that Itay is now with His Creator and God.

Anyway, races can wait. PR’s can be set in another time! See you guys in future races!

9 comments:

  1. bro, condolence!

    yup, you're right family should always come first above anything except God. madami pa naman races.

    sabay pala tayo nag-start mag-run! =) see you in future races. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rod, thanks. Yeah, see you in future races! God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our condolences and prayers. That was not a dns, that's giving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my condolences to the whole family. yes, there will be more road races in the future. good luck & see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BroJ, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Swthrt, JM and the families at this time. God bless and we'll talk soon. - Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our sympathies to you Bro J and your Swthrt and the rest of the family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bro J,

    My condolence. I hope you and your family are find during this time hardship.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Wilbert, Vener, Sir Jovie, Wayne, Taki and Bong... Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

    God Bless,

    BroJ and Swthrt

    ReplyDelete