Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I’ve got my Milo today… Oh what a day! Milo everyday…..

I just received from my officemate and fellow runner Tolits my race packet for the 33rd National Milo Marathon Manila Elimination which will be held on July 5, 2009. I feel excited because this will be my second time to join a half-marathon, and at the same time nervous because I know that Milo has a cut-off time for every race category. I just hope that I will be able to finish within the allotted cut-off time. I suppose that this event builds excitement to other runners too who wanted to run longer distances but are not yet ready for the full marathon. I heard that this will be the first time that a 21K category will be held for the Milo Marathon Manila elimination.


My first 21K race at the Condura Run ’09 was a pleasant experience. It also gave me confidence that I can finish a half marathon. I was supposed to have my 2nd half marathon at the Botak Paa-tibayan but I missed it because of field work assignment. This time I hope to do better. Now, does anybody know the race route?

12 comments:

  1. Good luck Bro. J, yakang yaka mo na yan. Maybe the route is roxas blvd. to airport road and back; turn right at buendia ave. to makati ave. and back; turn right at roxas blvd. heading to quirino grandstand. Not sure though, just to give you a piece to reckon with. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your 21K Bro J! I was thinking of running too but I already did a couple of 21K. I thought this time, a better way for me to participate in 21K is to volunteer in a support group. And have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks vener, God bless you on your run too! Thanks for the tip on the race route.

    Hi Gene,hope to see you there even as a volunteer support. Keep on running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm equally excited bro j! this will be my 1st milo event, and 1st 21k. i too am hoping to finish within the cut-off time of 2:30:00.

    God bless you, bro j, and the rest of the milo runners! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bro J! Good luck on your Milo half mary! Hope you enjoy the run and improve on your current PR. Next up, full 42? :) God bless!

    Cheers,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jet, see you at the starting line. hope you'll enjoy the race! God bless!

    Thanks luis, i really hope to improve on my PR, sana i can do 42 before the year ends. If not i'll be focusing on my training for the condura run next year for thier 42K,kung meron?

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck, bro j. see you at the starting line.
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your race!

    Amy
    www.runnerslounge.com
    blog.runnerslounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christy, thanks, will you be running the full M? See you at the line.

    Amy, thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks jay, wish you well on your Milo run too! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 21k din ako. But I will start training for the QC marathon next week :)
    Christy

    ReplyDelete