Friday, December 11, 2009

ACCOUNTABILITY


“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” Hebrews 10:24

A friend and I go to the YMCA every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We lift weights, run on the treadmill . . . and we run our mouths. Sometimes the mouth gets the better workout! We also spend time encouraging each other and lifting each other up in prayer. When you say, “Let’s work out at 5:00 am,” most people would say, “No way!” And believe me, many days I travel or stay up late on the phone with clients, so 5:00 am comes too quickly. Then why do I go? Accountability! I know my friend will be there, and if I don’t go, the phone will ring, asking me where I am and giving me a hard time. I go because of the accountability.

Do you have anyone who holds you accountable for your spiritual walk? The Lord commands us to encourage each other and pray for and with each other. So find a friend, and whether it is at the YMCA working out or in a small group, hold each other up.
—Robert Walker

2 comments:

  1. Wow,
    Great Post! I never really thought of it that way using accountability. I like that. I usually go do my workouts by myself, but I have Christian friends at work were we constantly hold each other accountable for being good, not cursing, for acting Christian like, etc. You post got me thinking. THanks. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kenley, I'm glad my posting minister to you. Have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete