Monday, December 7, 2009

Official travel and running

One thing about my work is that I get to travel to places to video/photo document our office’s projects and events. Last Dec.2-3, I was in Zambales to document the on-going seminar- workshop on the country’s disaster preparedness. It was a multi-agency collaborative project called “READY Project” wherein maps on different hazards such as landslide, storm surge, earthquake-induced hazards (e.g. gound rupture, liquefaction, tsunami) were plotted and disseminated to different baranggay officials nationwide for them to be aware of the different hazard-prone areas and make appropriate contingency plans. The event was held in a resort in Iba, Zambales.

Having foreseen an opportunity to run, I brought running shorts and singlets with me. The first day was all work. The following morning, I woke up at around 5am and at 5:30am I was out to run. I ran a few rounds around the lighted basketball court of the resort and along the pathway as it was still dark. Just before the sun was out, I went to the beach shore to continue my run.



I ran for an hour, good enough to give me a good sweat before taking a bath and get ready for another day’s work. We returned to Manila after lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, glad you got your running in. Great pics. Enjoyed the article. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete