Monday, January 4, 2010

How I faired with my 2009 running goals

Looking back at my running goals for 2009, I must say that I have attained much of it. Here are my 2009 goals then:

To run a Half Marathon (doing a full will be a great bonus) - I have run several half marathons, including the 21K of 33rdMilo Elimination Race NCR leg which I beat the cut-off time of 2:30. Though I was secretly targeting QCIM to be my first full marathon race, I beg off due to lack of training. I don’t want to mess up on my very first marathon.

To set new PRs in 10K (at sub 60min), 16K and 21K - I have a 60min finish time at the 2009 PSE Bull Run but I was dismayed as I was not listed in the official race result. I have set new PRs on some of the race distances though. I hope to improve more on this area.

To run 10K races together with Swthrt and set new MR(Mutual Record) – This I have successfully accomplished and enjoyed every moment of it. Since Swthrt started to join races in 2008, we did not only run 10K races in 2009 but we have also finished several 21K races together and set MRs as Swthrt got stronger in her runs. We also had long runs together and recorded as far as 29K before the year ends.

To reduce more weight (to my ideal BMI or at least close to it) – This still belongs to my wish list. Though I have many runs log for the year, I think I have more food intake than calories burned especially at the end of the year, hehehe. For this one, I must really watch on what I eat.

To be consistent in trainings – consistency is what I will still strive for in this coming year. I am not rationalizing but as a parent we have concerns other than our runs. Hopefully, Swthrt and I can find ways and means to squeeze in a more regular training schedule for this coming year. There will be great races for this year and we surely don’t want to miss it much less have a poor performance on these races.

For the year 2010, I just want to have great, awesome, wonderful, happy running experiences with running friends but most especially with Swthrt.

Keep on running in 2010!

2 comments:

  1. wow Kuya, talo mo ako sa accomplishment ng goals. This is great! Ako, I still have yet to run a 10K :) Maybe this year... maybe. Congratulations sa accomplishments at more power for the future run :)

    Love,
    Liza

    ReplyDelete