Thursday, February 4, 2010

What is your pre-race ritual?


Today is the start of the race kit redemption of the much-awaited Condura Run 2010. This year’s edition of the race opens the skyway to marathoners including the skyway heartbreak hill portion which the NAIA3 interchange (200 meters incline, ouch!). I’m quite sure that many runners will dare the challenge of running the full marathon for the first time, me included. And so this makes me curious on what marathoners do on their last minute preparations. I’ve heard of some runners having their own personal pre-race rituals. For some they eat certain kind of food (like their own way of carbo-loading), others have body massage, or simply say a little prayer and sleep early the night before the race. As for me, I still don’t know. I’m not even sure if I can sleep early because of excitement or fear. One thing is sure, I will lift up my race to God in prayer and ask for his protection and blessing for the strength I will be needing to finish the race.
How about you? Share your secret last minute preparation.

God bless you all runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment