Monday, August 11, 2008

A busy weekend

10K – Same route, different experience

In the morning of August 09, 2008, I ran the same 10K route which I previously run a week ago. This is in my preparation for the Men’s Health Miracle run. I started at 5:50 in the morning. It was a fair weather condition and seems that the sun will be up in a matter of minutes. At the start, I ran at my 5K pace of 7:45 min/km. It was an easy run to K5 which took me 38+ min. Again, I took a brief stop at Shell Select to buy a bottle of Rush. It was not an easy run anymore on my way back. The sun was up and I really needed to take a sip of Rush at least every 200 or 300 meters. This time I did not feel the pain on my foot which I had during my first 10K run. I finished the course with a time of 01:19:02. It was chicken adobo (becoming my regular food after a long run) and rice for breakfast. It was great to know that I did it again with lesser effort. It gives me confidence that I am ready to finish a 10K race.


Running the same route for the second time will give you confidence that you can do it. Being prepared from the obstacles and difficulties you experienced in the last run makes you think that you can do better. But reality will tell you that you will have a different experience in different parts of the course. And as I was running in the difficult part of the route, I could hear in my head the voice of georgieboy telling me you do this, or do that….as if he was right beside me coaching on my run. I finish the run and gain new experience to become a better runner.

You can never tell that – “you’ve been there, and done that”. Just like in the race of life, we sometimes experience almost same situations in life. But the way we will have to deal with it will be different from the first time we encounter it. We can never be proud to say that we know what to do because we have done it before. God allows different experiences in same situations in life to make us better Christians. He wants us to listen to Jesus in every moment in our life. To trust and obey God, it is only then that we will know what to do. Jesus is our greatest coach in this race of life. How much of our time have we spent with Him? Are we ready to listen, trust, and obey Jesus? God bless us all!





Evening walk with swthrt

After a week of suffering from vertigo, swthrt wanted to be on the road again. Every Saturday evening we run at UP. This time I suggested that we only do a walk. We did two rounds of the academic oval (2.2K). It was a good recovery walk for us (for her after the vertigo, for me after the morning run). We also get to talk on lots of things and have a great bonding moment.


Mommy Milkshake Marathon

It was an exciting Sunday morning for us last Aug 10. The whole family joined the “Mommy Milkshake Marathon”. A fun run on the advocacy on breastfeeding. It was a 2.6K run around Bonifacio High Street. The race started at 8 o’clock in the morning. Our eldest son, JM was eager to finish the race soon and went ahead of us. Swthrt and I kept pace with our youngest son Josiah. He was having fun and even asking me if he could pour the water onto his head just like what runners do in a race. It was a very good experience especially for the kids to introduce them to sports at a very young age. After the race, there were snacks and freebies given to the moms and other participants. Congratulations to the organizers! It was another great bonding moment for our family.















Josiah at the waterstation.

1 comment:

  1. Mommy Milkshake Marathon - what a great idea!

    Way to go Josiah and JM! Great job running!

    Kuya, you have grown so much spiritually. Great insights - I love reading your devotionals - it helps me a lot - it's very comforting and full of wisdom.

    Ate Baby - I'm glad you are running too. Yeah mama!

    ReplyDelete