Friday, August 29, 2008

Testing the Nike+ sports kit

I did a test run on my Nike+ sports kit and ipod yesterday at BHS. I went there with Josiah (our younger son) and our officemates couple, Connie and Dennis. I planned to check if the sports kit was correctly calibrated, so I measured the distance of the perimeter of the BHS block. It measures 1.2 K from our car’s odometer. We parked at the area near Honda Cars Global City. After stretching, we proceeded with our run. Here are the results of the two workouts:

Workout #1
Distance: 4.11 km
Time: 36:21
Pace: 8:48 min/km
Calories: 347

Workout #2
Distance: 1.14 km
Time: 6:58
Pace: 6:02 min/km
Calories: 97

I did the first workout with Josiah. It was 3 rounds around the block at an irregular pace since Josiah was running with me. I had to jog slower( or even jog in place) for Josiah to keep pace with me. There were times I had to stop and wait for him at road intersections. Anyway, the result showed a total of 4.11km. It was suppose to log approximately 3.6 km. The discrepancy of the distance may be attributed to the irregular pace and to the jogging in place I did. After the third round, Connie and Dennis were done with their exercise. I asked them if they could take care of Josiah because I want to run one more round at a consistent pace and see if it will give the same result. The result was more accurate. It gave a log of 1.14 km for one round. The difference maybe because I ran at the side walks (inner lane) which has a shorter distance than when I measured it with the car’s odometer. It gave me confidence that the sports kit is working properly. I guess I’m ready for the Nike+ Human Race on Sunday. See you there runners! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment