Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Now I can join the Nike+ Human Race…

It was an exciting weekend. Last Friday before going home, I got a message from my wife that the balik-bayan box my brother Relly sent us already arrived. I knew that my Nike+ shoes and sports kit were in there. Hooray! I can now join the Nike+ Human Race on Aug. 31. It was really a blessing from God that I have a brother and a sister abroad who never forget me and my family. They are always there to help us and share the blessings they received from God. The package also includes PS2 for the kids and more. So you could just imagine how happy JM and Josh were.

The Nike+ Turbulence and ipod plus nike spors kit

Swthrt and I decided to run on Saturday morning to break-in my new shoes and see if it comfortably fits me. We arrived at UPD at around 6:30am. We ran 2 rounds at the academic oval together. On the second run, swthrt felt pain at the arc of her foot and on her shins. She had to walk from time to time to give her feet some rest. We finished the run together with 40 min. on my sports watch. I continued to run another round and had a time of 13:57 for the additional 2.2K run. I ran a total 0f 6.6K. This was the first mileage of Turby, my Nike+ Turbulence. I have already given it a name.

Turby after his first 6.6K

Sunday morning was another day to test Turby. There were lots of runners when we arrived at UPD. It was part of the route of the QC Red Cross 10K run. It gave us a boost to run. It was as if we were with the race minus the race bibs. Swthrt ran another 4.4K while I did another 6.6K. Again, swthrt felt pain at the arc of her foot and shins after running several kilometers. This has become a usual occurrence for her. To runners out there, what do you think causes the persistent pain? Do we need to change swthrt’s shoes?

Monday, swthrt had some laboratory exams done at the hospital. After which we went to BHS to register for the Nike+ Human Race. It was unfortunate that I did not bring with me the sports kit which was needed for the registration. I should have listened to swthrt, hehehe. Anyway, the registration will be open until Aug 30 and so I plan to register today after work.

Of the two days run, I was not able to test the sports kit. I’m planning to test it today when swthrt and I will run this afternoon. Hopefully it will not rain, since I heard from the news that there is a typhoon named Lawin within the Philippine Area of Responsibility according to PAGASA.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Just in time for the race on Sunday. Goodluck to you BroJ and to Turby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brother, those are classy shoes, hope they bring you extra speed. See you on Sunday.. KEEP FIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jinoe, Thanks!It's reall a blessing.

    The foreign runner, Thanks, I hope so too, I'm just new in running and still building up my base (endurance). Getting extra speed will be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi bro J! your wife may need to check if she is wearing the correct kind of shoe. if she did not feel pain before she used these new shoes then maybe they are the cause of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Prometheuscometh, Thanks. Do you have any suggestion where we can go to have her foot check on what kind of shoes she needs to have. I guess i have to save for a new pair of shoes, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ganda sapatos :) - Go Turby go! :)

    JM and Josh, bait talaga ni Tito Relly (or Ninong Relly ba?). PS2 - yahoo!

    I have not run for weeks. I need to start running again. Maui Tacos run is on Sept. 13 and I am out of shape. OK, bukas tatakbo na...

    ReplyDelete