Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a fruitful weekend

I thank the Lord for this day. God is so good!

My blogging has to wait
As much as I wanted to share my Nike+ Human Race experience, I was prevented in doing so because of official duties. I went to Pampanga yesterday to cover on an event of our office. I did a video documentation on the workshop on Hazard Mapping and Disaster Management for the province of Pampanga. It was a multi-agency project and our office was tasked to spearhead the workshop. We only covered the opening and closing activities for the one-week workshop. That means I have to be back there this weekend. Anyway, the opening event went well and we returned to Manila at around 5:30pm.

JM’s Birthday
It was also JM’s birthday yesterday. We are blessed to have a son like JM. He is our eldest and he just turned 12 yrs old. We are so thankful that he grows to be a fine lad. He loves God, honors his parents, and cares for his little brother Josh. He also continues to do better in his studies and consistently included in the Directress List of their school. This coming Saturday, JM together with his best friend David will represent their school in Science Olympiad NCR elimination. We pray that he will grow to be a man after God’s heart. Happy birthday son! We love you and we are proud of you!


JM and his birthday cake

My Nike+ Human Race experience
I know much has been said about the race and I also want to share my experience. Swthrt and I arrived at the place at around 5:20am. My adrenaline rushed upon seeing the sight of the starting line. There were already many runners doing their warm-up rituals. We looked for mae (gemini0522) who will also be joining the race. After a few minutes, the runners were called to assemble for the warm-up and stretching exercise. The run started early and registered at my ipod at 6:11am. It was a well-organized race and everyone seemed happy about it. There were enough water stations and marshals deployed strategically. Directional arrows and kilometer markers were also placed. The course was very challenging and the sight of marshals giving away bananas and breads inside the Heritage Park was a welcome treat for the runners. I felt strong on the run. It was my first run in which I didn’t walk. It was surely a boost that I have a pair of Nike+ shoes courtesy of my brother Relly and his wife Gem. I was really focused and excited on the race. I paced with mae until inside HP (kilometer 5), until she told me to just go ahead and run with my own pace. I increased my strides and finished at 1:14:54 for the 11.31km distance recorded on my ipod. I had my fastest pace at kilometer 7 with 4:47/km and my slowest at kilometer 9 at 9:55/km. I still feel that I can run more. When I crossed the finish line and received my race freebies ( consisting of nike socks, men’s health magazine and Rush drink) I ran back to Mae and accompanied her at the downhill going to the finish line. Mae was so blessed on that day, she had her Nike+ sportsband replaced (the first one was defective) by photographer on the run and she won a raffle for a 2 nights/3days cruise at Coron, Palawan courtesy of 7,000 Island Cruise Ship. Congrats mae!
We also met the foreign runner, Philip after the race. run4change, Eric was also present. It was really a great fun run. A well-deserved congratulations for a job well done. Kudos! to race organizer and to Nike Philippines who made this event a success for the country’s Nike+ users!
Swthrt and I after the race
Mae and I at the race




Some Notes
I would also like to note that the crowd in this particular race, which is relatively exclusive, was apparently well-behaved. Everyone was falling in line for the give-aways, and for uploading their runs at the laptops set-up for the runners. There was also a line in claiming the photos from the Photovendo booth. I noticed that everyone was in a festive mood. I also heard Ben Chan apologizing for the delays in printing of pictures. I really commend the Photographer on the Run for his apology. I also didn’t get my pictures yet but I don’t mind receiving them later. I understand and know the difficulty of such undertakings. Don’t worry Ben you did your best and you did a great job! When can I get my photos? Ha ha ha, just kidding.

Congratulations to The Bull Runner! I heard your name as one of winners in the age category.

To coach Rio, congrats for a well-organized race!

To foreign runner, Philip, nice meeting you bro! God bless you on your ministries!

To Nike Philippines officials and other co-sponsors, thank you for the race and the freebies!

To all the runners, Keep on running! God bless!



One Race Route
After the race, we went home and prepare for the Sunday Service at our church. God’s word for the church last Sunday focused on having one way to His kingdom. It was from Paul’s letter to the Galatians reminding them of keeping themselves away from the bondage of adding measures into keeping their faith in God. There is only one way to salvation and that is through Christ Jesus. This reminds me of the race I had in the morning. The course was full of directional arrows, signs and even marshals directing the runners to which way they should run. There is only one way to the finish line. Along the route are possible route which you can take to make a short cut. Actually, upon entering the Heritage Park, the announcer there keep on reminding the runners to run along the marked route and not take the shorter loop around the park. Any way I took outside the designated course may cause me time and or disqualification. You just have to be on the one right track to be able to finish the race. And on our way back, the marshals are cheering on the runners to go strong because there’s only few more kilometers or meters to the finish. Just like the angels cheering for every soul that returned back to God.
Having other ways as insurance to having salvation is of no use, no matter how noble the intension was. God gave His only Son that we may have internal life through Him. Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me”.
Let us follow the one race route God has given us and that is through His only son Jesus Christ. God bless us all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh... this got me teary eyed seeing JM - how he's grown! I miss you guys so much. I wish we can be there for JM's birthday.

    Happy birthday JM - you are such a blessing to us! Love you so much.

    Tita Liza

    ReplyDelete