Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank you Swthrt…

Runners have different reasons why they run. Some run for competition, others run for health reasons. Still others fell in love with running by mere accident. I have my own reason too. It’s a choice to have a healthy family. To do this alone is very difficult to start. I need the support of people who continue to encourage, give a push, teach, and provide help in this sport. They were my officemates who are into running, the runners/bloggers, friends to name a few. But one person I truly thank is Swthrt. When I first asked her if I can run after office hours she cautiously said, “yes, where?” I told her, “at the office grounds. I will be joined by some officemates who keep on telling me to try running”. She cautioned me because of my prior diagnosis of angina (chest pains). The reason why I asked her permission was, she will have to wait in her office to finish my run since we go home together after office hours. But that “yes” made a big difference in me. Every week, I gradually reduce weight and gained more self-esteem. I was able to meet new friends as well. It opens a new dimension in my life and my personality. Her support not only ends in allowing me to run but she even accompanied me in every race I joined. Together, we have joined races like the One La Salle Run, Mommy Milkshake Marathon, and counting. We now regularly run whenever our tight schedules allow us. Last Sunday after our long run, she asked me, “Is it ok if I go with you when you run?” My answer was resounding “yes” and I asked her “why?”. And she said, “Because you might want to have some space.” She knew that I have always encouraged her to go out with friends without me not because I didn’t want to be with her but to grow as an individual person, to do what she wants without my restrictions. I love her and I want her to be happy. When we got married, we became one with the love of Christ that binds us together. Swthrt, I know you will read this, I want you to know that I love running with you! And I’m happy that you’re with me in my new (and I think my forever) passion… running. I would not have reached this far without your support. Thank you and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment