Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend run

After a week of rest from my last race at the NIKE+ Human Race, I finally had a chance to run last Saturday evening at UPD. Rest was not a choice but brought about by unavoidable circumstances. Either Swthrt or I had to work overtime or needed to do some errands for the kids during the week. It was frustrating but then we still have to prioritize our kids. Anyway, our weekend runs were very fruitful. Swthrt and I had an easy 4.4K run at UPD Saturday evening. As always, we had a great time. We finished the run in 40 minutes. Sunday morning we woke up early for our long run. We arrived at UPD at around 6:30am. There were already many runners since there was also the regular running clinic of Runnex. Swthrt ran with our friend Chiqui, who regularly runs with us every Saturday night. Swthrt extended her usual two rounds to three rounds at the academic oval. She ran the first lap non-stop. It was a big accomplishment for her. I did five rounds which had a total of 11K but my nike+ ipod registers 11.69K with a time of 1:15:19 at an average pace of 6:26min/k. It was another good run for me. There was only one thing that bothered me. I felt I was stepping on a stone or something inside my right shoes. It happened on my second lap. It was painful and uncomfortable for me. It slowed me down. When I checked on it, there was nothing in it. Anyway, I continued and finished the run. We saw Coach Rio and Ben, the photographer on the run with their friends doing the stretching after their run. We went home after our workout and had a cup of taho.

Here’s the detail of my run last Sunday…

4 comments:

  1. that was a lot of running over the weekend! i will do a long run this coming sunday in UP. hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PC see you sunday. We usually park near the Abelardo Hall. Malapit sa booth ng runnex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, do you want me to send some via email? beter yet, have a vacation here and we will buy tons of taho. Remember Mang Steve, the taho vendor who used to pass by our apartment?

    ReplyDelete