Monday, November 17, 2008

Mimicking the NB Power Race

It was the New Balance Power race yesterday at Clark. And since I will not be participating on this race because of personal reasons, I planned to do a 10K run on my own and virtually mimicked the race. It was past 6:00am when I woke up yesterday morning. I then asked Swthrt if she still wanted to join me. Our plan was to run at Mckinley Hill for Swthrt’s hill training. But since the sun was already up, we ran at UP instead. When we arrived, there were already lots of runners because it was the Men’s Health Urbanathlon race. After having our car parked at the back of the Aberlado Hall, we immediately proceeded with our run. Swthrt and I ran together with a pace of about 6:30 to 7:00 min/km until halfway of the 4th round. Afterwards, Swthrt then told me to continue and finish my 10K goal, while she finished 4 rounds with a total of 8.8K, her longest run so far. She is building her base and endurance to prepare for her first 10K race (no particular race yet). I continued the remaining one and a half round with a much faster pace completing 5 rounds which totalled 11K. It was great to be back on the road again.

As a prelude to our Sunday run, we did our usual Saturday evening run at UP. We only did 2 rounds (4.4K) of the academic oval just in time before our worship meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bro J, we missed you at clark, but there's always another. Nonetheless, its great to know you're still busy running with swthrt. Good luck on her training and see you again.

    I met Lito at Clark, I hope you received my regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venr, Yeah, lito told me about it. Running has become part of changing lifestyle for us. Kailangan maging healthy for the family. See you again in future races.

    ReplyDelete