Thursday, November 20, 2008

Preparing for another challenge

This is just to log my 5K easy run last Tuesday at UP. I did it with Swthrt who felt a little pain on her shin at the early start of the run but eventually, was able to finish the 2 rounds of the academic oval. I thanked the Lord that we now regularly having our workouts. This would boost my confidence as I prepare for greater challenges and longer races ahead.

Last night we went to R.O.X. to register for the UNICEF race but to my dismay there were no more available race numbers for the 5K and 10K and only race numbers for the 2K walk were left. This only proves that there are more and more people who are into running now. Swthrt and I were quite disappointed because we have not joined a race for quite some time. We were not able to join the New Balance Race at Clark. Anyway, there will be three races scheduled on Sunday but I haven’t checked if registration is still on for the other two races, the Animo Run and Race for Life. One thing is sure though, I will push through with my long run of 16K on Saturday in preparation for my longest race of the year, the Yakult 10-miler.

6 comments:

  1. Hi. If you want to do the Unicef Run I can give you my 10K bib free of charge (I will keep the singlet though). Your time will be under my name though. Other options is to bandit-run. I will bring the bib in the Nike Clinic tomorrow and probably leave it at ROX if I do not see you. I will join my friends in the Animo run, and I hope to bump into you at the Yakult race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rico, it was very nice of you. Thanks for the offer. I will not be joining the nike clinic. Hope to meet you at the yakult race. Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just be doing my long run at The Fort this Sunday OR run with my boy... STill not sure yet :)Thanks for the nice comment about family... I'm sure you'll be running with your whole family sooner than you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gigi, actually the whole family have joined two races already. The first one at the Mommy Milkshake Marathon and the second at the Octoberun.It's really a joy to have time together with our loved ones. Family bonding nga tawag ng bunso namin, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BroJ. Hope things are well with you and the training is going well. I heard a little about the Yakult 10 miler. Sounds like a good one for you. The 16km that you worked out at is a perfect run for a 10!

    Thanks again for all the photos and the phone call at the hotel before leaving. The body seems to be back to normal as well as the sleep pattern.

    Have a good Sunday and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wayne, your welcome and it's good to know that you're feeling better. I'm really preparing for for my first 10 miler. Hopefully everything goes well in my preparation. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete