Monday, January 9, 2012

My first GPS watch


2011  was a good year for Team JRunning. We have ran a full marathon during the Condura Skyway Marathon, a 32K at RU3, several half marathons and a couple of fun runs. As an incentive and to motivate myself to train harder this year, I rewarded myself  a Soleus GPS 1.0, my first GPS watch. Because of the demand for efficient, reliable and affordable watch that would cater the needs of serious runners, Soleus introduced to the market its new GPS watch. The price is affordable and it comes with the basic features every runner needs in a GPS watch.

I bought mine last month but have not yet fully tested it since until last weekend. Last Saturday, Swthrt and I began our training for this year’s running season. The Soleus GPS watch registered accurate data in terms of distance measurement. It registered an almost identical measurement of the route we took regularly which I measured using a car’s odometer and Google Earth (1.8K). It was a good buy since we can now run any route, and at the end, we would know how far we have run for the day. Yesterday, our second test run was as satisfying as the first one. We ran 10K at the BGC.


Other features I find interesting is the auto lap which records your lap time as set by the user from 0.5, 1,2,3,4 or 5K intervals. The run data feature was very helpful for runners who want to track down their training performances though it is not downloadable to a computer. Just a word of caution, be careful in viewing your run data files as you might accidentally delete all the files just like what happened to me last night. I wanted to tabulate our run data and as I navigate through the watch buttons, I accidentally deleted all the run data files. It is a must that you get familiar with the buttons of the watch. I was also cautioned by the sales representative at the Time Studio that it cannot be used under raining conditions. This I would really like to verify as to how hard the rainfall should be that I cannot use it.

Overall, I was glad to have bought the Soleus GPS watch and hope to have more enjoyable run with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment