Thursday, January 26, 2012

A wonderful time @ Timex Run 2012



The Timex 2012 Run was undoubtedly the most awaited event in the early part of this year. The participation of Timex celebrity endorser Piolo Pascual in the 10K category added up the excitement among runners. With Piolo’s sterling performance in the 2009 Timex Run, many runners aim to hit a sub-Piolo time (that is below 47 min). Timex being one of the leading brands in sports watches and the partnership with Runrio gave runners the best running experience last Sunday.

Our run
Having registered in the 16K category, Swthrt and I arrived at the BGC at around 4:30 am. Since this is a Timex race, I decided on using my first and ever reliable Timex watch to record my time alongside my GPS watch. 


GPS watch on my left hand


Timex watch on my right hand

I have been using this watch since I started running in 2008. As always, we wanted just to enjoy every race we participated in. We ran without any problem although tiredness set in the later part of the course. This is our second race of the year and we did not bring our hydration belts because we knew that water and energy drinks were more than enough in every Runrio-organized race. It was also a new 16K route for us although portions of the route are often used for 21K routes. It was another great race for Team JRunning. We officially finished the race in 2:00 flat. Congratulations to Timex and Runrio for another great running experience.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations sa inyo po! :) Hay, wala akong masabi! Sweet kung sweet!

    ReplyDelete