Thursday, January 19, 2012

Water welling up to eternal life*


Water or hydration stations during races are very vital. Runners should have enough water to keep them running. Having runners dehydrated will be critical to their health and may even cause their lives. Many articles have been written about the importance of water. The human body’s composition is 70% water. According to research, drinking five or more eight-ounce glasses of water a day could help lower our risk of heart disease by up to 60%. It regulates body temperature, it cushions joints, moistens oxygen for breathing, helps body absorb nutrients and more. Water is essential to life. Just like in our spiritual run, water can be likened to God’s word. It is important that we always hear His voice and understand Him through His word, the Bible. His word will always be our source of strength when we are weak. It will be our comfort when we fall. It is our spring of water of life. Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."(John 13-14). How often do we drink from the well of life? Do we desire to learn more of Him by reading the Bible? I’m also guilty of these things and I thank the Lord for reminding me the basic truth about His word through running and blogging. God bless us all!


He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 
                      Revelation 21:5-7 (New International Version)



*posted August 27, 2008


2 comments:

  1. I have been surfing on-line more than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It's beautiful worth sufficient for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the net will be a lot more helpful than ever before.
    adidas Women's Basic 3-Stripes Synergy Skort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danny, it's great to hear words of encouragement.God bless!

    ReplyDelete