Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 Highlights and 2009 Goals ...

My running chronology

I started running in May this year inside our office compound in Fort Bonifacio. It was a 30-min walk-run program for several weeks then gradually shifting to an all run 5K workout.

My first official race (5K) was "Rush to Infinity Run 08" held at Global City, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City last June 29, 2008.

Swthrt started to run and we joined races together and a couple of races with the kids too.

Registered for the Men’s Health Miracle Run (Aug. 17) and ran the 10K. This was my first official 10K race.

I received a Nike Running Shoes with ipod kit from brother Relly and Gem which enabled me to join the Nike Human Race (Aug.31).

Set a 10K PR of 1:05:13 at the Adidas King of the Road Race (Oct. 11).

I was able to reduce weight from 198 lbs to 178 lbs

Running with BFFs at UP every weekend

I met new friends through joining races and blogging.

Started training at ULTRA in November with Team Baldrunner

Ending the year of joining races with running 16K at the Yakult 10-miler Race (Dec.7)

Christmas and New Year Holiday Run at Batangas City covering 12K starting from Swthrt’s hometown.


My running goals for 2009

To run a Half Marathon (doing a full will be a great bonus)

To set new PRs in 10K (at sub 60min), 16K and 21K

To run 10K races together with Swthrt and set new MR

To reduce more weight (to my ideal BMI or at least close to it)

To be consistent in trainings


To enjoy running as I have enjoyed it last year and meet more friends


For this blogsite

I pray that I may continue to share my faith and share the Love of God to the readers of this blog through my experiences in running and share the insights that God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment