Thursday, January 8, 2009

A son’s gift

Children are a gift from God. And we are blessed with such wonderful gift. JM our eldest son was old enough to handle his own money. Last holiday break, he already received some amount of money even before Christmas day. Without me knowing it, he used these to buy gifts for us on Christmas. I don’t know when and how he was able to do it but he did. And being a bookworm as he is, JM gave me and her mom books which he knew would catch our interest. He gave Swthrt “Our Daily Bread” devotional book while I received a book entitled “Marathon” by Hal Higdon. It was really a surprised for me and made me realized that our children really look up to their parents. They knew our likes and dislikes, our interest, and even our emotions. And they knew how to melt our hearts. How about us parents? How well do you know our children? Do you know how they desired your love, support, concern, encouragement? When was the last time you said I love you to them? More than expressing our love through our deeds, they need to hear them. I knew JM knows that I am not into reading books but he gave it anyway because he knows that I love running. Surely, this book will be a great help in achieving my running goals for this year. Thank you son for the this gift. I love you JM!

6 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet! And Hal Higdon is a great running author too! I hope my sons grow up to be like yours someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dindo, prayers for our children can do so much as they grow. We can not watch and guide them 24/7 but God can. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very nice gift from your son, it means he's aware of your interests, see you at the races..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks chitocarreon69 for visiting. I'm really glad about our son being aware of my interests. Hope to meet you. keep on running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried reading this Bro J. My son Gio was so confused what to give me on Christmas so he gave me a P500 SM gift check. I'm still thinking what to buy because I want it to be truly memorable.

    JM is a good son because his parents taught him to be one.

    God bless you and your family, Bro J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nora, Maybe you can ask Gio to be with you when you buy that memorable gift so that he will feel that you value it very much. God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete