Friday, January 23, 2009

Challenging the Happy Run

The Happy Run Race this Sunday may technically be my first 15K race but not my longest distance race since I ran the Yakult 10 Miler (16K) last December. This race is pretty challenging for me because we will be running the same route as in the VSO 15K which I missed to run last year because I had a terrible flu. This time I will have the chance to conquer the route, more specially the dreaded Mc Kinley Hills. I have ran the route once already during the 2008 Nike+ Human Race but it was at the early stage of the route where runners still feel strong and can manage to overcome the hills. This time runners will have to engage with the race’s final Ks….aaarrrggghhh!!!. To all 15K runners on Sunday, taper time… Good luck and a painful? and happy run to everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck bro.J, kayang kaya mo yan. See you then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck BroJ! You'll be surprised at what you can do when you push yourself to your limits and discover what you thought were physical barriers were just mental barriers after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jay im sure it will be a good race. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi vener, Dindo and Patrick, thanks for the encouragement. It was indeed a good race last Sunday. I'll post my personal recap on the race asap.

    ReplyDelete