Monday, October 6, 2008

Hitting the Roads

There was a school program entitled “Musical Journey” at JM’s school last Friday. It was held at Greenhills Christian Fellowship Auditorium in Ortigas Complex. Swthrt and I had a day-off from work to show support to our son. The Grade 6 class performed their first “Hands of Praise” interpretation of the song, “What a Wonderful World”. It ‘s a much awaited presentation for them since only the graduating class gets to perform in the “Hands of Praise”. It was a presentation using hands with gloves of different colors and created images to interpret the song. This was performed in a stage of total darkness with only black lights on so that only the moving colored gloves are emphasized. It was really wonderful. I hope I can share the video here soon. Anyway, the program ended at around 11:00 am. We then went to fetch Josiah. We have a great family time together with my parents who are with us to watch the show.

In the afternoon, Swthrt needed to go to the Army Wellness Center in Fort Bonifacio to watch and support her friends in the game of the Honda Women’s North vs. South basketball match. It’s an exhibition match before the Finals of the Men’s Basketball Tournament of Honda Cars Makati, Inc.. We decided to go early and take a run from the army gym to BHS and back to the gym. The distance is approximately 5K. It was a first for swthrt to practice on the city road. UPD academic oval provides lane for runners and bikers making it convenient to run and ride. This time, swthrt experienced being cautious of the vehicles on the road. Anyway, we finished the course and had a good easy run.

Saturday morning, we were back at our regular training ground, UP academic oval. We started late, the sun was already up and so we could already feel the heat. Swthrt was finding it hard to run at this time. I could hear her shouting, “why am I doing this”, hehehe. But then, she continued to run and finished our 5K planned run. I just kept paced with her. I used the nike+ipod to track the ups and downs of her run. I was surprised by sweetheart because in the evening we were back again at UP to do our regular 4.4k run (2 rounds of the academic oval). This time, it was a tempo run. The temperature was cold since it rained prior to our run.


Graphical illustration of our morning 5K run at UP

No run on Sunday. I had to bring JM to Ateneo for his entrance exam for high school. We have to be at the examination area before 8:00 am. Afterwards, the rest of the family went to church for the Sunday Service. We also have a lunch birthday celebration of one of our churchmate, Jun. After the celebration, swthrt had a women’s fellowship with the women at church. While I brought home the kids and my parents. On my way back to fetch swthrt, I drop by the UP campus since it was still 3:30 pm and they usually end the fellowship at around 5:00 pm. While I parked at our usual space near the Abelardo Hall, I can not resist the urge to run as I saw runners running around. I check on my bag at the trunk of the car and was quite disappointed to know that I already used up all the running shorts in there. I forgot to replenish my stocks. I then decided to do brisk walking. I was able to complete almost 3K before going back to fetch swthrt.

Again, it was another great weekend workout. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. What can I say? Running 2X a day with your beloved is double the fun! With that kind of training, I probably can't run with your darling wife. I bet she'll be miles ahead of me... Good luck to both of you in the KOTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks nora, see you at the race. God bless!

    ReplyDelete