Friday, October 31, 2008

Run, Date and a New Challenge


Evening run and a date
Swthrt and I did our regular weekday evening run at Bonifacio High Street last night. Swthrt had a meeting at their Global City branch. We decided to do our 5k at BHS while waiting until 7pm, after the color coding ban. We started our run at around 5:30pm. We did one loop for our warm up before stretching. We then continued our run to complete our goal. We met Eric (Run-4-change) and Dr. Doray (Doralicious), who was introduced to us later, also doing their workouts. We had a short chat with them after the run. After changing clothes, we then proceeded to R.O.X. to register for the VSO run. The night ended with a pre-anniversary dinner date (we’ll be celebrating our 13th anniversary on November 4th). We initially planned to have a dinner at Claw Daddy but also being pasta lovers we were also enticed to dine at Italianni’s Restaurant (which is located across Claw Daddy). Finally, the Italian blood in us prevailed, hehehe. We have Penne Arrabiato (Penne pasta with mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh basil in a spicy peppered-vodka sauce) and Angel hair spaghetti Mediterraneo (with fresh tomatoes, artichoke hearts, black olives and oven-dried tomatoes. Seasoned with basil in a white wine sauce) and hot peppermint tea with lemon. It was a wonderful dinner date.



Time to move up
I have been contemplating on joining a 15K race for the past few weeks. I finally made up my mind last night. After our 5K run at BHS, Swthrt and I went to R.O.X. to register for the VSO Bahaginan Race. I bravely registered for the 15K event while Swthrt, who was hesitant to join, because she wanted to run with a buddy to pace her, opted for the 5K. I guess, she just can’t resist the excitement of joining a race so even with or without a pacer she registered, ha ha ha. This distance will be a new challenge for me. My longest run during my workouts was 12K. My longest race is 10K, which I did it four times with a PR of 1:05. I know it will only be a 3K more to complete it, but still it is 3K, he he he. As I have done before, I will try to run the 15K distance this weekend to simulate the race and hoping to gain confidence. There’s no turning back for me now, this will be another first for me. See you runners at the starting line.


13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and Swthrt. Goodluck on your first 15K run. Its exciting to move up to a new distance. Im still contemplating if I should join a 10K or a 15K. Probably the later. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I know you will do well in your new distance! This is just a stepping stone for further long distance races ahead of you and swthrt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advanced Happy Anniversary to you and Swthrt!

    Medyo nagutom yata ako dun sa pag describe mo ng pre-anniversary dinner menu ninyo ah. Parang reminds me of the episodes of "top chef"...yung pag describe mo. Sayang complete na sana kung with picture pa of the food.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also registered for the 15K. See you in 2 weeks time Bro. J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice meeting you BroJ! Hope to bump into you guys again! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay, thanks for the encouragement. i guess there's no turning back. Kaya lang this weekend i was hit by cough and colds kaya di ako naka-takbo.

    Louie, thanks bro. You're also a top chef when it comes to pasta cooking. Let's have pasta on Friday para carbo loading ako for Nov 9 race, hahaha.


    Vener, See you at VSO race. Maybe after the race beacuase i may not keep pace with you, hehehe.


    Dra. Doray, it was nice meeting you too. I will email you the pictures on Monday nasa computer ko kasi sa office yung mga files. See you at the race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodluck on your first 15K! kaya yan. see you at the 15K starting line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks wilbert! really hope I could do it this Sunday. currently with coughs and colds. no runs since thursday - just the running nose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sure bro! let's have pasta on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaya pala you were nowhere at UPD last sunday, you rested. Anyway, thats the best thing you did. I made a 30K last sunday for my 42K at Milo. See you at VSO, rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck on your first 15k. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. schlagger, thanks for visiting my site. I hope i can do it after having cough and colds for the fast days.


    louie, thanks bro!

    vener, God bless on your Milo finals!

    ReplyDelete