Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nike + ipod calibrated

Last night I had the chance to calibrate my nike+ipod sports kit by running at Bonifacio High Street. I calibrated both the walk and run settings. Hopefully, this will give me more accurate readings for my future runs. After a while, I went to R.O.X. with our younger son Josiah and have a look on the items available for runners. Since I am beginning to increase my long runs, I am planning to buy a hydration belt. Hope the readers can give me feedbacks on which brand to buy. We did it while waiting for Swthrt because we scheduled to have a short run around BHS. Upon receiving her call, we immediately went to Honda and left Josiah there to watch TV while Swthrt and I went out for our run. We did a 5K easy run around BHS. It was a good run even though the place is quite humid as compared to UPD Academic Oval where we regularly have our evening runs.

Our run details: Distance: 5.0 Km Time: 35:17 Ave. Pace: 7:01 min/Km

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, I run with the camelbak. What is nice about it, it has straps on the side and you can pull it when the container is getting lighter as you drink the fluids. It also has a pipe that click unto the pack at your waist which is easy to use. It also dsitributes the weight balanced accross your back and can take a lot of fluids. I enjoy running with it. Click on this to view. It is available at ROX. It even has pockets on the side for gels and zips for keys and even cell phone.

    http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-Alterra-28-Ounce-Hydration-Graphite/dp/B000IF4562/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1224075875&sr=8-39

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog, which openly praises God is worth reading!

    You can get a Camelbak Flashflow hydration belt. I got mine at R.O.X.

    In Christ,
    Kinderdorf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philip, Thanks for the info and i'll try to check on it. How's your training? Are you preparing for another TRI event? God bless! See you on the road!

    Hi kinderdorf, thanks for visiting my blog site. God lead me into this new interest which is running and blogging and i just want to bring back the glory and thanksgiving to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, I am training or more tapering for the duathlon on Sunday at Clark. Are you going to do the New Balance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure if i can run for New Balance Power Race. 10K race is scheduled on Sunday and Clark is to far for me to be back in Manila for our church service. It will be on a third Sunday of the month which is my turn to lead worship at church. I'll just pray for everybody to have a safe, injury free run. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, please pray for us as I will worship while running. I will do the 25km (first one here in Manila.) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For runs up to 10km, I use my nike hydration belt, which can store up to 480 ml in 3 small bottles. For longer runs, I use the North Face Xenon pack, it can store up to 1 liter in 2 big bottles. Camelbak is also a good option

    DATC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks DATC,i'll check on the nike hydration belt with small bottles. Is it available at BHS nike park?

    ReplyDelete