Thursday, October 2, 2008

If there is a will, there is a way

The saying, “if there is a will, there is a way” proved to be true for us yesterday. Since yesterday was a declared regular holiday in celebration of the end of Ramadan, swthrt and I planned to squeeze in a run in our schedule. I woke up early but was quite disappointed to know that it was raining. I woke up swthrt and asked if she still wanted to run. The answer was affirmative but somewhat puzzled us where will we run. I told her we can try the Moro Lorenzo gym at Ateneo. They have a covered track oval. This will be our second time to try having a workout in that gym. The first one, we were unlucky because there was a closed practice session of the Ateneo basketball team in preparation for the UAAP Men’s Basketball Finals. As you may have known, Ateneo won in the championship.

We arrived at the gym at around 6:30am. This time, we were not lucky either. Since it was a holiday, the person in charge of the oval was not yet around when we arrived. The guard on duty did not know whether they will be open to the public or not. He just told me that all he knew was there will be a scheduled practice of two PBA teams for the day. And so, we have to think of another place to run. We were praying that it will not rain too hard because we really wanted to run and decided to do it at UP even with the drizzle. On our way to UP along Katipunan road, we thought we could do it at Greenhills. We used to pass by Greenhills shopping mall when swthrt was still assigned at their Shaw Boulevard branch. We remembered that there were lots of people doing their walking and running around the mall every morning. I took a U turn and proceeded to Greenhills right away. Upon reaching the Greenhills complex, the parking area was almost full of vehicles and many people were already walking / running at the covered path-walk of the shopping mall. We started our run at around 7:00am. Swthrt and I ran together up to 6.3K where in she decided to end her workout by walking around the mall twice. I continued my run and finished my planned 10k run. It was a good run and we were glad we did not give up in finding a place to run. We went home and had fried rice and shrimp bulanglang for breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. After I ran under the heavy rains during the MILO race, rain no longer stop me from running. I ran my very first 8.4k yesterday and it just feels sooh good.
    You're luckier because you have each other. What a team!
    See you at the KOTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ang layo din ng inikot nyo! You deserve an award for this! There is nothing like knowing you have run for the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks nora and jay, It really feels good to have a good run. See you at KOTR! God bless!

    ReplyDelete