Wednesday, October 22, 2008

S.O.S.

Swthrt and I had a good run last night at UP. We did an easy 5K run with an average pace of 6:45/km. After the workout, we went home and had sumptuous dinner of vegetable bulanglang and shrimps. This morning, I woke up at around 3:00 am with a dried throat and later on developed into a soar throat. I’m pretty sure that this sore throat will lead to a cough and colds. My voice is also husky. This is what I don’t like during cold season. I easily got a cough and usually it took a longer time to heal. I will be running on Sunday during the OctobeRun and I hope to run in perfect shape. This is an anticipated run for us since I am going to pace sweetheart in the 5K and JM and Josiah running the 3K Kiddie event. Can anyone give me a quick remedy? You runners, how do you handle this?

Our run details: Distance: 5.01Km Time: 33:56 Pace: 6:45min/km

2 comments:

  1. broj, bactidol works for me and it prevents my sore throat from developing to cough and colds. also, drink plenty of water. hope you feel better in time for sunday's run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks wilbert, fortunately we had bactidol at home and started using it last night. Masakit pa rin throat ko pati ulo ko na, but hopefully it will not develop into cough and colds. See you Sunday! God bless!

    ReplyDelete